There is no way around it, when you’re planning a get-away to some place warm, the enjoyment level of your trip is greatly determined by how wisely you pack. While some folks are just light travelers by nature, others are heavily dependent on the kitchen sink approach to packing. This “just in case I need it” philosophy involves bringing everything and then some, topped off with a potentially suitcase bursting layer or two more. Through a lot of traveling, along with the trial and error that accompanied, we’re proud to call ourselves packing aficionados. We have assembled a fool-proof list of hot weather, clothing and accessories that will ensure you’ll have everything you need to have a perfect trip!Clothing:
1. Lightweight dress - Pick something in a wrinkle-free fabric like silk jersey.
2. Cotton tunic - Choose a bright color to throw on over a swimsuit or dress up with slim pants.
3. Thin cardigan - Cashmere or cotton would be best.
4. Long skirt - A bohemian print is colorful and fun.
5. Black linen slim-cut trousers - A great choice for evenings.
6. White ribbed tank tops and V-neck tees - Pack three of each.
7. Cotton twill shorts - A neutral color, such as tan, khaki, or olive, will pair with everything.
8. Lightweight jacket - For practicality, go with cotton or nylon.
9. Cotton chinos - As comfortable as jeans, but lighter and with a bit more polish.
1. Beach bag Canvas or raffia will be lightweight. Make sure it’s large enough to comfortably stash a towel, book, hat, water bottle, etc.
2. Bathing suits - Bring two—you always need a dry one!
3. Sarong - Wear it over your swimsuit during the day and as a wrap at night (also ideal for chilly plane rides).
5. Rubber flip-flops - Wear them on the beach and instead of slippers.
7. Wide-brimmed hat - Make sure it’s packable.
8. Sunglasses - Your trusty favorites, plus a cheap back-up pair you can wear for water sports.
9. Jewelry – Nothing too wintery. Ethnic jewelry always looks fabulous on vacation.
“Babies don't need a vacation, but I still see them at the beach... it pisses me off! I'll go over to a little baby and say 'What are you doing here? You haven't worked a day in your life!' Steven WrightImage via here